COVID-19 has had a significant impact on our community.
To protect the health and wellbeing of our members, supporters and staff SPELD NSW has implemented restrictions around the services that we provide.
SPELD NSW is open and is providing the following limited services:
- SPELD NSW Information and Referral Service – continues to operate as normal. Parents can contact us for support, information and referrals to tutors and other professionals through our website, by phone and email.
- Online Bookstore is available for online, phone and email orders.
- Assessments are being offered online and face to face from the SPELD NSW office.
- Our School Essentials Series and Decodable Book Demonstrations is available to schools as zoom workshops and from term 3 as in school workshops.
- Parent Workshops are offered as online workshops.
- SPELD NSW is offering some Professional Learning
The SPELD NSW library is only open for borrowing by SPELD NSW Members by post and the library and shop displays are closed. Face to face Professional Learning and the Teachers’ Certificate Course are postponed.
Visitors may only attend our offices in Parramatta to:
- Attend an assessment. Only one family member may attend an assessment along with the person being assessed.
- Collecting an order from the SPELD NSW bookstore than has been pre-ordered and paid.
It is a condition of entry to the SPELD NSW office that visitors wash/sanitise their hands on arrival.
Please do not attend our offices if you or your child is unwell with any respiratory, cold or flu symptoms or any other illness. Please contact us as soon as possible to re-schedule your appointment or to arrange for online or phone support.
If you or your child is unwell or displaying respiratory, cold or flu symptoms while in our offices, we are entitled to ask you to leave the office and seek appropriate medical advice.
SPELD NSW continues to take precautionary measures to reduce risk to our members, supporters and staff team including increased cleaning of our office, placement of health advice signs in our office, engagement in social distancing and reinforced employee health practices.
For more information about COVID-19 including health advice please visit the NSW Health website.