Teachers Certificate Course
Teachers' Certificate CourseAPPLICATIONS OPEN FOR 2022The SPELD NSW Teachers’ Certificate Course is a highly regarded Professional Learning program aimed at developing teacher understanding of Specific Learning Difficulties and effective, evidence-based instruction in literacy and literacy intervention. The course is focused on language and literacy development, with individual modules on Learning, Oral Language, Phonemic Awareness and Phonology, Explicit Phonic Intervention, Fluency, Vocabulary & Comprehension, Spelling, Handwriting & Morphology, and Writing, Adjustments and Intervention Planning.
In 2022, SPELD NSW will be offering the Teachers’ Certificate Course twice. The first time in Terms 1 & 2 and the time in terms 3 &4. The Teachers’ Certificate Course will be run entirely online with a combination of online activities and live webinars.
The cost of the Teachers’ Certificate Course is $2,250 (inc GST). The course cost includes Individual SPELD NSW membership worth $70. For more details on application and payment (including payment plans) please see the below Information Pack.
Why consider the SPELD NSW Teachers’ Certificate Course
The SPELD NSW Teachers’ Certificate Course is suitable for Learning Support teachers, Primary School Classroom teachers, High School literacy and support teachers, new graduates and specialist tutors.
What is the course structure?
What are the course outcomes?
2022 Course Dates
Fully Online Course – Terms 1 and 2
- Introductory Week – 31 January to 6 February. Live webinar on 3 February, 6.30pm-7.30pm
- Module 1 – 7 February to 27 February – Live webinar on 26 February, 9am to 12.30pm
- Module 2 – 28 February to 20 March – Live webinar on 17 March, 6.30pm to 8.30pm
- Module 3 – 21 March to 10 April – Live webinar on 7 April, 6.30pm to 8.30pm
- Module 4 – 18 April to 15 May – Live webinar on 5 May, 6.30pm to 8.30pm
- Module 5 – 16 May to 12 June – Live webinar on 9 June, 6.30pm to 8.30pm
- Module 6 – 13 June to 3 July – Live webinar on 23 June, 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Fully Online Course – Terms 3 and 4
- Dates to be confirmed
Teachers' Certificate Course Modules
The Teachers' Certificate Course is run online in a combination of online activities and live webinars
The course includes pre-recorded lecture, videos, readings, quizzes and live online/face to face workshops, practical application and reflection tasks. An online learning platform with discussion forums provides opportunities to collaborate.