Teachers Certificate Course
Teachers' Certificate CourseAPPLICATIONS OPEN FOR 2021The SPELD NSW Teachers’ Certificate Couse is a highly regarded Professional Learning program aimed at developing teacher understanding of Specific Learning Difficulties and effective, evidence-based instruction in Literacy and Numeracy. The course is focused on language and literacy development, with individual modules on Oral Language and Phonemic Awareness, Reading & Phonics, Spelling, Handwriting and Morphology, Writing Ideation & Grammar. One module is dedicated to understanding core Numeracy skills and Specific Learning Difficulties in Mathematics.
In 2021, SPELD NSW will be offering two enrolment options for the Teachers’ Certificate Course – Online + Webinar during terms 2 and 3 and Online + Face-to-Face during terms 3 and 4.
Why consider the SPELD NSW Teachers’ Certificate Course
The SPELD NSW Teachers’ Certificate Course is suitable for Learning Support teachers, Primary School Classroom teachers, High School literacy and support teachers, new graduates and specialist tutors.
What is the course structure?
What are the course outcomes?
2021 Course Dates
Fully Online Course – Terms 2 and 3
- Module 1 – 18 April to 9 May – Live webinar on 1 May, 9am to 12.30pm
- Module 2 – 9 May to 30 May – Live webinar on 22 May, 9am to 12.30pm
- Module 3 – 30 May to 27 June – Live webinar on 12 June, 9am to 12.30pm
- Module 4 – 11 July to 1 August – Live webinar on 24 July, 9am to 12.30pm
- Module 5 – 1 August to 22 August – Live webinar on 14 August, 9am to 12.30pm
- Module 6 – 22 August to 12 September – Live webinar on 4 September, 9am to 12.30pm
Blended Learning Course – Terms 3 and 4
- Module 1 – 11 July to 1 August – Face to Face workshop on 17 July, 9am to 6pm
- Module 2 – 1 August to 22 August – Face to Face workshop on 7 August, 9am to 6pm
- Module 3 – 22 August to 12 Sept – Face to Face workshop on 28 August, 9am to 6pm
- Module 4 – 3 Oct to 24 Oct – Face to Face workshop on 9 October, 9am to 6pm
- Module 5 – 24 October to 14 Nov – Face to Face workshop on 30 October, 9am to 6pm
- Module 6 – 14 Nov to 5 December – Face to Face workshop on 20 Nov, 9am to 6pm
Teachers' Certificate Course Modules
The Teachers' Certificate Course will be held in two modes - webinar + online AND face-to-face + online. The content of both courses is identical but differs in delivery.
The course includes pre-recorded lecture, videos, readings, quizzes and live online/face to face workshops, practical application and reflection tasks. An online learning platform with discussion forums provides opportunities to collaborate.