We wanted to let you know The Reading League is holding their Annual Conference online this year, so it’s a good opportunity to attend without having to travel to the U.S.!
$99 USD /person – Unlimited Access
Two Live Keynote Presentations*
Eighteen Breakout Sessions
And you have access to ALL of them!
*Keynote sessions will be live on October 27, 2020. Video recordings will be available for both sessions after completion for no additional fee.
9:30 AM EST: Dyslexia is No Easy Foe by Clark Janell Setty
3:30 PM EST: From Little Things, Big Things Grow: The Public Health Imperative Driving Effective Early Reading Instruction by Pamela Snow
Breakout sessions are pre-recorded sessions that will be available to view starting October 27, 2020. Attendees have unlimited access to these sessions with no time restrictions for viewing. Resources for each session can be found in the “resources” tab located below the video player.
- Improving Written Compositions – One Sentence at a Time by Anita Archer
- Decodable Readers: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly by Wiley Blevins
- Why It’s Worth It to Teach Grammar by Suzanne Carreker
- Show Me the Spellings: Promoting Vocabulary Growth Through Attention to Spelling and Decoding By Susan Chambre
- The Dirty Dozen (or so): Myths, Mistakes, and Misunderstandings that Plague Our Efforts by Steve Dykstra
- Assessing Reading and Language Skills of Struggling ELs: From Research to Practice by Esther Geva
- The Five Components of Reading: Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, and For You! by Deb Glaser
- Escaping Old Ideas: Why It’s Difficult and How to Coach Through It by Margaret Goldburg
- “But Teacher, I Don’t Know How to Write…” Helping Young Students Develop Foundational Writing Skills by Lucy Hart Paulson
- The Inference Knowledgeable Educator: Implementing an Informed Instructional Framework by Nancy Hennessy
- How to Improve Word-Level Reading Skills in Struggling Readersby David Kilpatrick
- Instructional Leadership Counts: Why Administrators Need to Know the Science of Reading by Gail Lovette
- Reducing the Impact of Poor Reading on Mental Health by Mandy Nayton
- Morphology Matters: Using Bases & Affixes to Build Vocabulary & Spelling by William Van Cleave
- Handwriting in the 21st Century: Why It Matters & What to Do About It! by William Van Cleave
- 5 Keys to Helping Adolescents with Decoding Issues: Best Practices and Resources by Amy Vanden Boogart and Julie Sealine
- Culturally Relevant Texts: What is Their Place in Improving Reading Outcomes for Minority Students? by Julie Washington
- The Knowledge Gap: What It Is and How to Narrow It by Natalie Wexler