SPELD NSW is recruiting two roles at the moment – a Professional Learning Educator and a Registered Psychologist. Come and join our passionate, hardworking and friendly team!
Professional Learning Educator
The Professional Learning Educator is a new role with SPELD NSW joining our Professional Learning Team! This is a 4 or 5 day per week role and is ideal for a teacher or speech pathologist.
The Professional Learning Educator:
- presents professional learning and workshops for teachers, tutors, other professionals and parents on evidence-based literacy and numeracy instruction and best practice approaches to supporting students with specific learning difficulties;
- contributes to the development of professional learning courses, workshops and resources for SPELD NSW;
- overseas the administration of the SPELD NSW ticketed professional learning program.
Prior experience working in classrooms and intervention environments (including with the Sounds-Write program) are particularly valued!
SPELD NSW is looking for a registered psychologist to join our Clinic Team! This role is a 4 or 5 day per week role.
The psychologist’s role will be:
- To assess children, adolescents and adults who are experiencing learning difficulties.
- To provide support, practical strategies and recommendations in order to alleviate the effects of learning difficulties and disabilities.
- To support the development of SPELD NSW’s psychological assessment services.
The successful candidate, may also get involved in the delivery of professional learning workshops and in developing and supporting other functions of SPELD NSW.
Ongoing opportunities for professional development, supervision and training are made available (including a week long visit to DSF in Perth for training).